Habitat homeownership can change your life.
- Homeownership when it would not be otherwise possible.
- Down payment assistance.
- Mortgage payments no more than 30% of income.
- Training for Personal Financial Management skills.
- A personal mentor through the homeownership process.
- Knowledge and experience with your home and it’s construction.
- A sense of belonging to the community.
- Volunteer support.
- Build stability, pride and equity with homeownership.
Habitat Benefits the Entire Community.
- Habitat Homeowners have pride in their homes.
- Habitat Homeowners are involved in their communities.
- Otherwise vacant or blighted property is added to the tax roles.
- Habitat homes are built with low-maintenance high quality materials to look good for a long time.
- Children raised in stable consistent homes do better in school and in life.
- Volunteer events build community participation.
Habitat Priority Home Repair addresses substandard housing conditions in Grand Traverse, Kalkaska and Leelanau counties. We partner with low-income homeowners to make exterior and interior home repairs that alleviate critical health, access and safety issues.