Donation Pick-ups Are Back!
When the COVID-19 pandemic hit, Habitat Grand Traverse Region made the decision to end ReStore donation pick-ups. Since then, as more people spend time at home, the demand for furniture and appliances has sharply increased. It is not uncommon for donated furniture to sell within hours of being put on the sales floor. Our stocks of furniture, appliances and cabinets have never been lower.
As a result, we have developed a strategy to safely resume pick-ups.
Pick-up Program Guidelines
● Pick-ups will only be scheduled on Thursdays.
● We will only pick-up large items such as furniture, appliances and cabinets.
● There is a $10 charge per pick-up address.
● ReStore staff may refuse any item in unsaleable condition.
Special COVID-19 Pick-up Precautions
● ReStore Staff will not enter homes.
● All ReStore Staff as well as donors must be masked at all times.
● We will only pick-up items from a garage, car port, or outside.
● All donations will be sprayed with commercial disinfectant at pick-up.