Donating to the Habitat ReStore
Please drop off donations only during ReStore hours. Occasionally we will decline certain items when our inventories of similar items are high; please contact the ReStore prior to dropping off your donation.
- We can only accept items in resalable condition.
- Any item with water or mold damage will be declined.
- To be sure, contact the ReStore prior to bringing a donation.
- Drop off donations at our ReStore location during regular store hours.
2487 Rice Street (Southeast corner of Cass and South Airport)
Michigan law prohibits donors from leaving items outside of store during non-business hours.
- We may decline a donation based on its condition, our inventory of similar items, or our ability to resell the item.
We accept the following items:
- We can not accept dishwashers or microwaves.
- Appliances must be 10 years old or less
- Please include owner's manuals when possible.
- We accept non-working appliances as long as all parts are still with the appliance.
Cabinets must have doors, shelving, and drawers attached to the unit
- Please, no water or mold damaged items.
Counter tops must be in excellent condition
- Countertops may not have chipped or missing Formica, burns, empty holes for sinks or plumbing.
- We will accept some counter-tops if the sink is still installed.
Must be in working condition, complete with mounting hardware.
Furniture only accepted in resalable condition.
- Items with tears, stains, chew marks, or excessive fading are not accepted.
We do not accept entertainment centers.
All light fixtures in working condition.
Mirror and Glass
Framed mirrors and glass only
Plywood in full and half sheets
Lumber in full lengths
Trim - 6 feet or longer
Roofing material – most types: rolled roofing material, tar, etc
New Shingles in bundles
- Please, no nails sticking out of lumber
- We do not accept particle board
Electrical wiring Hardware
Unused carpet that has been installed and removed prior use
Unused padding that has not been installed or glued down
New, unused tile
Plumbing – Tubs – Sinks – Showers Stalls
Sinks - stainless steel and cast iron only
Vanities, clean in good condition, with all parts
Copper and metal pipe 4 feet or longer
All supplies and fittings
We accept hardware for doors, cabinets etc.
We now accept scrap metal for recycling!
Tuesday: 10am to 6pm.
Wednesday through Saturday: 10am to 5pm.
2487 Rice Street
Traverse City, MI 49686