Seeking to put God's love into action, Habitat for Humanity brings people together to build sustainable homes, communities and hope.
The Habitat staff, board and volunteers wish you
Happy New Year
The ReStore and Habitat office will be closed from December 23, 2022 through January 2, 2023. The Habitat office and The ReStore will reopen Tuesday January 3, 2023 at 10am.
Habitat homeownership can change your life.
- Homeownership when it would not be otherwise possible.
- Down payment assistance.
- Mortgage payments no more than 30% of income.
- Training for Personal Financial Management skills.
- A personal mentor through the homeownership process.
- Knowledge and experience with your home and it’s construction.
- A sense of belonging to the community.
- Volunteer support.
- Build stability, pride and equity with homeownership.
Habitat Benefits the Entire Community.
- Habitat Homeowners have pride in their homes.
- Habitat Homeowners are involved in their communities.
- Otherwise vacant or blighted property is added to the tax roles.
- Habitat homes are built with low-maintenance, high quality materials to look good for a long time.
- Children raised in stable consistent homes do better in school and in life.
- Volunteer events build community participation.
Habitat Priority Home Repair addresses substandard housing conditions in Grand Traverse, Kalkaska and Leelanau counties. We partner with low-income homeowners to make exterior and interior home repairs that alleviate critical health, access and safety issues.
How Well Do You Know Our Habitat?
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the nation. We encourage and support an affirmative advertising and marketing program in which there are no barriers to obtaining housing because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin.